to our Self-catered Holiday Accommodation in Normandy, France
Le Verger de Pommiers is a 7 bedroom self-catered holiday home with heated swiming pool , offering accommodation for up to 18 people, in the Southern part of rural Normandy in France. Easily accessible from French ports on the North coast (Caen, Cherbourg, St Malo all within 1 ½ to 2 hour drive) it is the great base for a holiday or break. The South facing house is set in 5 acres with an apple orchard at the back of the house.
The perfect place to stay in as a large group, the upstairs of the holiday home is split into 3, with 3 sets of stairs, 3 bathrooms and 4 WCs. There are 3 double bedrooms, 2 twin bedrooms and 2 family bedrooms. Both family bedrooms have a double bed and 2 twin beds. One of the family rooms has its own private en-suite bathroom.
Downstairs there is a large lounge with English Channel TV and Wood Burning Stove, Family Kitchen with Wood Burning Stove and L Shaped Dining Area. There is free WiFi internet downstairs for all to enjoy.
Outside the holiday home there is plenty of space to relax, play games, and enjoy the fresh air you may also use the heated outdoor swimming pool ( April-October ). There are lots of activities and places to visit locally for all ages and types of people to enjoy and make the most of your holiday!
Jono and Victoria Smith-Milne, the owners of Le Verger de Pommiers, also own and run the Old Court Hotel in Symonds Yat, Herefordshire. So if you are looking for a hotel, bed & breakfast or self-catering accommodation in the beautiful Wye Valley then look no further than the Old Court Hotel.
The Lounge is a large room with a wood burning stove and chimney. You are welcome to use the stove, please read instructions provided in house information book. Only dry or seasoned wood should be used to burn – we can provide you with this, if not supermarkets can too. There is a TV, DVD, Video provided, with English TV Channels. There is a staircase behind the wooden panel that leads upstairs to 1 double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom plus a WC and shower room.
The Kitchen is in the middle of the house and also has its own wood burning stove. The kitchen has a double electric oven with a 5 electric hob, Fridge and Freezer, Microwave, Dishwasher and large sink. It also has all utensils you require plus crockery and cutlery for 18.
The house has an entrance hall with sofa and staircase up to 4 bedrooms (2 double, 1 twin and 1 family, on the 2nd floor). To the left of the entrance hall there is a downstairs family bathroom with bath and shower over bath, with a WC and another WC next to it.
The Dining Area
The Dining Area is an L shape with Oak tables and Oak and Leather chairs. There is a stair case in the Dining area which leads up to a family bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC.
Above Dining Area stair case to;
1 x Family Room with en-suite. I Double Bed and 2 Twin beds. There is also room for a travel cot in this room.
From Entrance Hall stair case to;
2 x Double Bedrooms, 1 x Twin Bedroom. Further staircase to; 1 x extra large Family Room with 1 Double Bed and 2 Twin beds. There is also room for a travel cot or a further single Z bed in this room. The bathroom for these bedrooms is downstairs.
Above Lounge Area stair case to:
1 Double Bedroom, 1 Twin Bedroom and 1 Shower Room with sink and WC.
New for April 2014
9.5m x 4.5m heated outdoor swimming pool
* 50600 La Coutière, Chèvreville, France
The Apple Orchard is located between 2 lovely market towns of Mortain and Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouët. Only 1 hour drive from the port of Saint-Malo, it is close to Mont Saint-Michel one of the top tourist destinations in France. Just over a 4 hour drive from Calais, families could drive down via the D Day Landing beaches and/or explore Camenbert country.
- , Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouët – 7.5km } 11 mins
- , Mortain – 9.4km } 16 mins
- , Fougères – 35.3km } 41 mins
£1795 per week
July and August (Plus Whitsun Week/summer half term)
£1550 per week
May, June ( Whitsun/Summer half term is charged at High Season rate , September and October (Easter Fortnight/Christmas/new year week)
£850 per week
November – April (exc. Easter and Christmas and new year week)
Book direct with us & save the VRBO booking fees!
Please call us for available dates or you can also view them on the VRBO website click here.
Weekend lets available at 75% of price for Mid & Low Season only.
** Please note: All prices include standard Clean,bedding and fuel (oil and Logs).
For any enquiries about Le Verger de Pommiers French holiday accommodation
Terms & Conditions
- Occupancy of The Apple Orchard is from 4pm on the date of arrival until 10am on the date of departure. Any early arrivals or late departures must be agreed with the owners.
- A deposit of 50% is required on booking. Payments can be made by credit transfer in pounds or euros only.
- Booking is only confirmed once a deposit has been received.
- Payment in full must be made 8 weeks prior to occupancy.
- Cancellation policy is that deposit will be refunded within 6 months of arrival date. Within 3-6 months prior to arrival ½ deposit refundable. Within 3 months no refund will be given unless the dates can be filled with an alternatire booking.
- Like most rural properties we have our own drainage system (Fosse/Waste Tank). In order for this to work (and not block) please only put water and toilet paper ONLY down the drains. ALL FOOD WASTE, WOMENS TOILET WASTE AND OIL MUST BE PUT IN THE BIN. Any call out to the Fosse Tank to deal with blockages caused by guests will be charged in full to the guests.
- A security deposit of £250 is taken on full payment. This is returned within 2 weeks of your return from the barn. Any unnecessary loss or breakages may be claimed by the owner. Also any additional cleaning required may be taken out of the deposit.
- We ask you to leave the property in the same way you found it, neat and tidy, then our house keepers will clean on your departure. Any over and above cleaning and tidying will come out of your security deposit.
- Please use the table protector and wipe clean table clothes as provided for all dining tables. There are also placemats and coasters for your use. Any damage to the oak tables will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Pets are welcome at The Apple Orchard. Up to 2 dogs are permitted for a fee of £25 per week. ALL dog hair must be vacuumed prior to departure. Externally, all doggie logs must be collected and disposed of prior to departure. It is a “pet” hate of ours to be left presents of this nature. Should our caretakers find doggie presents outside there will be a £50 fee charged for the pleasure of picking it up! Dogs are not permitted upstairs under any circumstances or on the furniture. Dogs need to be kept away from any farm animals that may be grazing in the meadows at the rear of the big barn.
- There is an inventory in the house guide. Our caretakers do check the inventory on your departure.
- The grounds. You are welcome to enjoy the grounds of the house. Please be advised that behind the old orange barn there are some cattle/sheep that graze sometimes. All dogs should be kept on a lead and away from grazing cattle/sheep.
- Under French law all children must be supervised by a responsible adult,we J&AV Smith-Milne take no responsibility for and injuries or other unforeseen problems that occur wile using the swimming pool. A disclaimer will have to be signed on receipt of your first payment failure to do this will result in your booking not being confirmed.
Please be advised we would like you to make yourselves at home at The Apple Orchard. We love the property and it is our second home, please treat it as such.